backgroud

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

More snow...and the meltdown.

We have about 20 inches of snow on the ground. After tomorrows snow stops dumping on us we are going to have about 38-40 inches of snow of the ground. Zane can surely forget about going out to play in that snow. He's only 28 inches tall. :-)

You would think all the snow would be gone after Gabe's massive meltdown today. Our whole day was thrown off. Gabe had an appt. with the psychologist so we didn't have school today. He was not happy about missing school. Morning was a little rough. I had to do loads of prompting and redirecting to get him motivated. After our appt. with the psychologist I took Gabe to McDonald's. On a happy note Gabe said Maaac doooals...normally he calls it mic hap u. So I was very very excited that he tried to say it the right way!

We went back to Gabe's daycare to have lunch and so that he could have some down time with friends. I had another meeting to go to at Gabe's school and then I had to go to the grocery store for bread and milk. It is snowing again! :-) Once cannot survive a snowstorm without bread and milk. And of course loads of junk food.

After all my running around was complete....I headed back to daycare to pick up the boys. Gabe was NOT coming with me. He threw his shoes at me, screamed, cried, kicked, hit me, ran from me, laughed at me, and did just about every except listen. I had to take the baby out first, then come back in to get Gabe ready to go. Needless to say....he left without his shoes or socks on...and no coat either. It was just one of those days....

Change in routine = one unhappy little boy and one unhappy mommy.

No comments: