backgroud

Monday, March 23, 2009

The weekend Melt Down...

Wow...who ate my child. Gabe has meltdowns here and there. Some are extremely unpleasing. Not that any are a fun ride, but the one on Saturday takes the prize.

I took both kids to the store! My first big mistake. Everything was going great until we hit the cereal aisle. "Gabe,pick a cereal buddy" My second mistake...which proved to be catastrophic in nature. "Cereal sticks mom" says Gabe. "No not this time kiddo. Please pick something else" That was all I needed to say. From then on it was full screaming, crying, yelling "let me go", hitting, kicking, and maybe even some spitting.

I have been embarrassed in the store before, but this time I was devastated. I could feel people staring at me. I dare not make eye contact with anyone...because at any given moment I was going to lose it and start screaming and crying.

I quickly finished shopping and proceeded to the check out. Gabe continued screaming and kicking. Now however he was locked into the cart...I had to pull the cart for fear of being kicked by flying feet. The check out lady said "hows your day" I just looked at her with those "you have to be kidding me eyes...and said could be better"

Gabe managed to scream and cry for over and hour. He ran from me in the parking lot...and continued screaming and crying once we got home. Needless to say I cried pretty much the whole way home too. Daddy tried to help...but Gabe ran from him too! Finally I got Gabe to let me hold him...and I rocked him and rocked him...and his little body relaxed...as did I...until the baby started crying...oh boy!

Gabe had another melt down on Sunday but not near as bad. I hope this is just the weather changing. Gabe is not a perfect child. He has some behavior issues...but usually I can redirect him. There was no redirecting this weekend...And the running from me in the parking lot is just...well...it's just scary.

I hope this week turns out to be better....

No comments: