backgroud

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Let the screaming continue

Oh boy...Gabe is still at it. He had speech today. He had some nasty behavior but his ST did a great job redirecting. Well I guess he had too much redirecting with her that he couldn't be redirected with me. He always gets a prize after speech. Just ONE prize. Mr. Gabe thought he had to have TWO. I tried to help him pick one...but there was no way he was giving up. He ended up with NO prize. I had to physically carry him out of the office leaving Zane in his car seat sitting with other clients.

Absolutely devastated this time...one of the gals I work with had her son in for his ST and she saw the whole thing. She knows Gabe has an autism dx...but still...it was rather upsetting. I didn't cry this time. Gabe had two more meltdowns at home. I made him take a nap today. So far this evening he has been pretty good.

I decided I am calling for a TSS. I don't care if Matt doesn't want Gabe to have one. I can't deal with a baby and a child that is running from me in the parking lot. There is a huge safety issue there. Not to mention Gabe has started hitting me.

Wish I knew what was going on that is causing all these tantrums. hmmmm...

2 comments:

*Monica said...

aww, I am sorry, meltdowns suck.

What is a TSS?

Jessie said...

A TSS is a therapist type person that goes with a child to help with behavior and social interaction.