backgroud

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

and the frustration mounts...

We had to send back the demo Vantage that we were using for Gabe. He has been horrible since sending his device back. He tries desperatly to tell us what he wants but ends up screaming and crying when we don't understand. I knew the talker was helping but jeeze I didn't realise it was helping that much. I am kind of glad to see the difference because it will help us decide if we should really buy a device or not.

Yesterday was so bad for Gabe. He spent most of the day crying and telling me no, no, no. It didn't matter what I tried to do for him he just was unhappy. Today isn't turning out any better. I made him peanut butter toast this morning and he ate one piece and told me more. He still had one piece left on his plate but refused to eat it. Then he decided it would be a good idea to put the toast on the floor and roll it under his feet. So I threw the yucky toast away and started to make more. For some reason the piece on his plate was "contaminated" and he wasn't eating it. But when I threw it away he screamed bloody murder. Needless to say I was loosing my cool. So I made him a new piece and said "This is it, you don't eat this one and there is no more." He ate it...ugh...what was wrong with that other piece? I will never know. Sometimes I just don't get it...why couldn't he eat that other piece before he played footsies with it?

No comments: