backgroud

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

All about my monkey family

I have three monkey's in my house and one monkey on the way. The first monkey is the oldest monkey...his name is Matt aka daddy. Monkey number two is going to be 17 soon and her name is Jasmine. The third monkey is Gabe and probably more monkey then the rest of them. I am Jessie...and some days I really do feel like I am in a zoo!!

I have known Matt for more then 7 years now. He is the greatest dad in the world. He loves his children and life. Matt is an avid guitar player. He plays acoustic guitar as well as electric. He also plays piano and records music. Along with being a great musician comes those artistic traits. My mother always warned me to stay away from musicians :-). I can't imagine life without Matt.

Jasmine is my step daughter who is also very artistic. She can draw very well. Jasmine has bipolar disorder which is something that took me a long time to understand. Despite having a hard time with her disorder she has shined through the fog. I couldn't be more proud of her. She loves dolphins and I would love to take her to swim with the dolphins. She always wants to help everyone and wears her heart on her sleeve. Not always a good thing in this world we live in.

Gabriel is my three year old little monkey that loves to climb, climb, climb. There isn't much he is afraid of these days. Gabe loves everything cars, powdered doughnuts, and chocolate milk. He is also turning out to be a little artist. Definitely a trait from his daddy. Gabe has sensory processing disorder, apraxia of speech, and autism spectrum disorder. He is truly an amazing kid. There is never a dull moment in our house. NEVER.

Now onto the monkey in progress. I am 3 months prego with my second child. I am very excited and sending out pink baby dust in the hopes for a little girl. I just want to buy baby dolls and little cute dresses. I am tired of cars and iron man!

There is also another member in our family. Mr. Milo the cat...who thinks he is the master of this house. Milo has some sensory issues of his own. He can't eat any other cat food beside IAMS kitten food even though he will be turning two in October. He also is obsessed with my hair ties. He hides them under the couch. One day I was cleaning under the couches and I found at least 30 hair ties under it!! Milo is also madly in love with a stuffed Kermit the frog. It use to be Gabe's Kermit but Milo took ownership.

Oh, and I guess I should add a little about me. I play violin and I am not near as talented at music as Matt. But I love to play none the less. Some days I feel insane dealing with all of Gabe's therapy, Jasmines issues, Matt's artistic ways, and the cat doing the dirty with Kermit! There are times when I could pull my hair out. But at the end of the day I sit back and look at my wonderful family and all they have to offer...and I realize I am one of the luckiest mom's in the world. I love all my monkeys...and my zoo!!

No comments: