backgroud

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Too Much School

Can there be such a thing as too much learning??  You bet!  Poor Gabe is so burned out from school that he cries every time he hears it's a "two school day".  The last two days I have kept him at home.  He needs the break.  We spent an entire Tuesday snuggling and playing Mario Galaxy 2!  Then we went swimming.  It was a great day. 

I am so ready for school to be done.  Gabe's going to go to his first ever day camp at LUF.  An entire week of fun, fun, fun! 

We also decided NO SUMMER SCHOOL (also known as extended school year) for Gabe.  It's a last minute decision...but one that I feel is the right choice for Gabe.  He is totally therapied out.  I can't say I blame him much. Three to four days a week of speech therapy for the last 3 years.  And while I know how important intensive therapy is....Gabe still deserves a break for a job well done. 

So our summer plans are to be lazy and enjoy the pool...and cut back speech and OT to 2 hours a week.  It's going to be a great summer.

No comments: