backgroud

Sunday, March 7, 2010

"Don't you think it's time....

....for Gabe to give up his nunny (pacifier)" My mom says to me the other day. Gabe just turned 5 and now it seems that everyone who "understood" why Gabe still used a pacifier thinks we need to break the habit. I agree, it does look silly that my five year old is walking around with a nunny. But for now...he needs it...a lot!

Yesterday my mom took Gabe bowling. He went with three of his cousins and a few family friends. Gabe has been bowling two other times. Both times he struggled to stay with the game. But he was 3 and just 4 when we went. I thought now that he is five (it's a magic age) he will do just fine.

I told Gabe no nunny when you bowl. When Grandma came to get him he willingly placed nunny on the table and quickly ran to get in Grandma's car. Honestly I was impressed. "Go Gabe!"

About an hour later my mom calls me...."Never, ever, ever let me leave your house without a nunny!" HA....not ha that Gabe was having a hard time...but HA because now it became very clear to my mom why Gabe still needs his nunny.

The poor kid went into sensory overload. He chewed his sleeve to a wet soppy mess, rolled all over the floor, cried easily, and just couldn't stay focused to bowl.

Once again....nunny stays!

No comments: