backgroud

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Real talking....

Below is a short clip of Gabe free talking. Where I am not repeating most of what he says. He is talking about Lightening McQueen. Gabe does not sustain conversation very well. This is what he sounds like in a "normal" conversation where I am not prompting or leading him as to what he should say. Gabe does have a lot of very good clear speech as you can hear in the bubble blowing clip below. Most of his clear speech are things we have taught him to say. Or things that he uses everyday. Or what we call well rehearsed speech.

Just recently we purchased an AAC (talker computer) program called proloquo2go. It is run on Gabe's ipod touch. It runs the same as any other talker only it is smaller.
I am hoping this helps with some conversational speech. It did open up communication with daddy yesterday. Gabe told Matt he saw Obama on a plate at he store. It was great seeing him share something like that. Not to mention having your own ipod touch at 4 is pretty damn cool!

2 comments:

Samuel Sennott said...

I hope you enjoy Proloquo2Go. Look for our emerging video series: http://proloquo2go.com/resources/article/introductory-videos

Jessie said...

Hi Sam...we are in love with P2G....it's so wonderful. I just can't say enough about the program. The other day my son told me his head hurt and he had a headache! Your program is a blessing...I will have to check out the video series. Thanks for giving my son a voice..so he can be heard, always!